Find A Club/Start A Club
USABA Blind Soccer Clubs are non-profit organizations, state and local government agencies, athletic clubs, sports teams, or any groups of USABA members who are interested in providing sports opportunities for people who are blind and visually impaired in their community. These opportunities can be sport clinics, support for local athletes, regular sports practices, or participation in regional and national USABA events and competitions. Any group that is interested in regular recreation or competition is eligible to become a member of USABA’s Blind Soccer Club program and enjoy the benefits that come along with being part of Team USABA. We encourage groups that are not affiliated with an existing non-profit organization or agency to incorporate as a 501(c)(3) to achieve non-profit status; however, this is not a requirement for USABA Blind Soccer Club membership.
USABA Blind Soccer Clubs have the opportunity to conduct nationally-recognized sporting events and encourage individuals to participate in life-enriching activities, including local, national and international athletic competitions. Member clubs receive important, up-to-date information that can be distributed to interested individuals regarding local, national and international programs and events. USABA Blind Soccer Clubs are part of a nationwide network of member clubs that can come together to share ideas, collaborate on projects, and compete against one another on the field of play, thereby strengthening our overall ability to provide outstanding sports and recreational opportunities across the country.
USABA Blind Soccer Club Benefits
- Access to liability insurance for USABA Blind Soccer Club events. To hold an event or practice at a third-party venue, liability insurance is a necessity for any USABA Blind Soccer Club. This benefit alone will provide you with the chance to grow your Sports Club.
- Club/Event information for your Blind Soccer Club shared on USABA’s website and social media. Let us help you spread the word about your Blind Soccer Club through several different digital platforms. We are always looking to promote and highlight our athletes to our online community. Online exposure will have a positive impact on your Blind Soccer Club’s participation, fundraising and overall growth.
- Access to membership platform for club registration and tracking of memberships and safety requirements (Platform to be launched in 2022).
- Eligibility to apply for USABA support, which can include equipment grants, funding support and other programmatic assistance.
- Placement of your Blind Soccer Club’s listing and web link on the USABA Sports Club section of our website.
- Opportunities to collaborate with other USABA Sports Clubs nationwide through our USABA Sports Club distribution list.
- Access to USABA technical support.
- Opportunity to host Olympic/Paralympic Day programs.
- Eligible to collaborate with USABA on securing programmatic funding through local sport and non-profit networks.
- Eligible to host USABA sanctioned events and clinics
- Eligible for designated USABA Board of Director and committee roles
- Access to a list of current clubs with contact info
USABA Staff Contact Info
- Marybai Huking, USABA Sport Program Coordinator (260-278-0179 or email@example.com)