Race Date: Sunday, December 4, 2022
Pre-Race Gatherings: Saturday, December 3, 2022
Post-Race Awards: Sunday, December 4, 2022
Distance: Marathon and Marathon Relay (2 person teams)
Host Hotel: Holiday Inn Sacramento Downtown, 300 J St, Sacramento, CA 95814
Awards: USABA will award the top 3 visually impaired men and women division winners prize money in the amount of: 1st Place: $1,000; 2nd Place: $500; and 3rd Place: $250. Prize money is not broken down into visual classifications.
USABA will award medals to the top 3 finishers in the B1, B2 and B3 classifications for both men and women. Medals are ONLY provided to US runners since the CIM serves as the USABA Marathon National Championships for the United States.
CIM VI Elite Marathon Standard: The following is required to qualify for a complimentary entry to the California International Marathon:
1. Sub 3:00 Marathon finish for Visually Impaired Men
2. Sub 3:25 Marathon finish for Visually Impaired Women
3. The time standard must have been achieved within the past 2 years.
Post-Race Scholarships: $500 (40 total, 10 reserved for U.S. Veterans). Requirements:
1. Be one of the first 40 visually impaired marathon runners to register using the REGISTER NOW button below. $500 post-race travel scholarship slots are based on a first registered, first-served basis.
2. Must become an annual or lifetime member of USABA by October 31.
3. Must start the California International Marathon.
4. Must have previously completed a marathon in under 6 hours or a half-marathon in under 2 hours 45 minutes.
5. Must provide documentation of legal blindness.
6. Must attend the mandatory pre-race meals and logistics meeting.
Guides: Apply to serve as a sighted guide using the REGISTER NOW button below.
Registration: Click REGISTER NOW below. You will be emailed your registration and hotel links.
Questions? Email Marybai Huking, USABA Sport Development Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org