Posted March 22, 2022 Uncategorized
Title: Sport Program Coordinator
Position Type: Exempt Full-Time Employee
Location: Colorado Springs, CO, or Remote
Reports to: Kevin Brousard, Programs and Finance Director
Application deadline: March 22 – April 4, 2022, to email@example.com
The United States Association of Blind Athletes (USABA) is a Colorado-based 501(c) (3) organization that provides life-enriching sports opportunities for individuals with visual impairments. USABA is a member organization of the U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Committee and serves as the National Governing Body (NGB) for the Paralympic sport of goalball, a sport developed specifically for the blind and visually impaired. Recently, USABA received approval and NGB certification for a second Paralympic team sport, blind soccer. Additionally, USABA is a Multi-Sport Organization (MSO) providing programming in numerous sports and physical activities for Americans who are blind and visually impaired. Through grant funding from the Department of Veterans Affairs, USABA also provides adaptive sports activities for blinded military veterans across the country.
Mission and Vision
The United States Association of Blind Athletes empowers Americans who are blind and visually impaired to experience life-changing opportunities in sports, recreation, and physical activities, thereby educating and inspiring the nation. Every American who is blind or visually impaired will lead a healthy lifestyle by actively participating in sports, recreation, and physical activity.
Founded in 1976, USABA has impacted the lives of hundreds of thousands of blind and visually impaired individuals and become a vocal champion of the abilities of America’s legally blind residents. The organization has emerged as a world-class trainer of blind athletes, particularly in the sport of goalball where USABA-trained teams have won 12 Paralympic Games medals and 11 IBSA World Championship medals.
The United States Association of Blind Athletes seeks to hire a dynamic individual contributor to serve as the Sport Program Coordinator. The major responsibilities include, but are not limited to, planning and implementation of sports programming and events, developing and implementing specific, targeted initiatives to maintain and increase membership, cultivating an outreach network by establishing good working relationships with community-based partners, coordinating USABA’s SafeSport and safety initiatives, coordinating USABA’s membership database and providing administrative and logistical management for events, programs and organizational duties.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Plan, implement and evaluate sports programming and events. The position has a particular focus on advancing and developing sport opportunities in the two sports USABA governs, goalball and blind soccer.
- Throughout sports programming and events, drive content collection for digital marketing and storytelling.
- Administrative duties, including but not limited to: tracking of relevant SafeSport training, background checks and concussion protocols; membership for USABA sanctioned events and more; management of USABA’s membership platform.
- Develop and implement specific, targeted initiatives to maintain and increase membership.
- Assist in planning and coordination of sports development plans for the sports of goalball and blind soccer and the USABA endurance sports program Team Tethered Together
- Provide membership with timely, informative, and high-quality customer service.
- Establish, communicate and maintain relationships with our members to keep them interested and satisfied with USABA’s benefits and programs.
- Coordinate administrative and logistical duties for events, training camps and grant programs.
- Speak on behalf of the organization at meetings, conferences, and special events.
- Cultivate an outreach network by establishing good working relationships with the program director and our key constituent groups, including USABA Sports Clubs, agencies that serve the blind and visually impaired, National Governing Bodies, U.S. Paralympics, Paralympic sports clubs, multi-sport organizations, teachers for the visually impaired, etc.
- Management of USABA online store, including inventory checks and shipping duties.
- Maintain, manage and build existing and new USABA Sports Clubs to increase membership through effective partnerships.
- Assist the organization in efforts to increase revenue through fundraising & membership initiatives.
- Organize and implement local sports programming.
- Other duties as assigned.
Background Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Ability to build and nurture key professional relationships
- Experience with database management
- Possess exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office programs
- Ability to multi-task, handle frequent interruptions and competing priorities, be good at time management and meet deadlines
- Self-motivated and able to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong awareness of self and self-regulation
- Must be flexible and approachable with a positive attitude
- Ability to thrive and willing to work in a pressured environment with irregular and long hours
- Driven by achieving results and a passion to succeed
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in adaptive sports programs or sport management background
- Experience working independently, in planning and organization
- Social media and communications experience
- Demonstrated ability to work in teams
- Strong communication skills (in-person, oral, and written)
- Project Management
- Self-driven, proactive and entrepreneurial
- Holds self and others accountable
- Strong decision-making skills with the ability to make decisions independently
Tools, Equipment & Conditions
- Standard office equipment
- Traditional & Non-traditional work hours + weekends. Travel is expected to be about 35%-40%.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (i.e., Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Successful completion of a favorable background check and the U.S. SafeSport online training class
- Competitive salary based on experience with bonus potential. Health, dental and vision insurance, retirement plan with an employer-based match. Salary range $36,000 – $45,000 a year depending upon experience and skill set.
Interested parties should email a cover letter and resume no later than April 4, 2022, to Kevin Brousard, Programs and Finance Director at firstname.lastname@example.org. In the subject line of the email write “Sport Program Coordinator Position”.