Title: Integrated Marketing Manager
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
Position Type: Full Time-Exempt
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer Molly Quinn
Travel: This position requires moderate travel
Application deadline: April 21, 2023. Resumes and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Brief Overview of Organization
U.S. Association of Blind Athletes (USABA) is unique within the sports community. As a member organization of the U.S. Olympic and Paralympic Committee (USOPC), USABA is the National Governing Body (NGB) for the Paralympic sports of goalball and blind soccer and a Multi-Sport Organization (MSO) providing programming in numerous sports and physical activities for Americans who are blind and visually impaired.
Mission and Vision
The United States Association of Blind Athletes empowers Americans who are blind and visually impaired to experience life-changing opportunities in sports, recreation, and physical activities, thereby educating and inspiring the nation. Every American who is blind or visually impaired will lead a healthy lifestyle by actively participating in sports, recreation, and physical activity.
Founded in 1976, USABA celebrated its 45th anniversary in 2021. Over that time, the organization has impacted the lives of hundreds of thousands of blind and visually impaired individuals. It has become a vocal champion for the abilities of America’s legally blind residents. USABA has emerged as a world-class trainer of blind athletes, particularly in the sport of goalball, where USABA-trained teams have won 11 Paralympic Games medals and 11 World Championship medals. USABA recently became the Paralympic Sport Organization for goalball and blind soccer (also known as Blind Football).
The integrated marketing manager is responsible for the development and execution of an integrated marketing plan that supports the dual mission of the United States Association of Blind Athletes. This position will work alongside the Communications Manager to adhere to U.S. Olympic & Paralympic, USA National Teams and other branding related guidelines. The manager will develop, implement, track and optimize our marketing strategy across all digital and traditional media channels. They will be responsible for planning and creating creative social media content, editorial copyrighting, launching social campaigns, engaging the membership and donor community, and activating our grassroots marketing efforts. This role involves working with major brands (sponsors), donors, membership, athletes, and events.
• Develop yearlong content strategy to increase awareness, engagement, digital reach, and fundraising for USABA membership, donors, sponsors, and core Paralympic sport initiatives.
• Create accessible digital and traditional external graphics for USABA fundraising efforts, events, and programs.
• Oversee content, design, and distribution of USABA’s bi-weekly newsletter.
• Manage and create digital and social media content for our key sports accounts.
• Responsible for day-to-day social media management and social media platforms.
• Co-Development of monthly content and editorial calendar across all communication channels.
• Understand and utilize different social media tools and platforms, including but not limited to content generation and management, social listening, platform management.
• Execute and monitor paid social media campaigns and advertising.
• Work to ensure all-digital and social strategies are aligned with overall marketing initiatives and sponsorship activations.
• Execute and optimize business performance reporting, including but not limited to: weekly recaps, benchmarking, performance monitoring, campaign evaluation, best practices, etc.
• Develop informative content for members and potential members, including feature articles, videos, podcasts, newsletters, athlete bios, online content, social media content, regular media content, etc.
• Oversee USABA’s digital presence by managing the website, online content, and social media accounts, and help increase awareness, engagement, participation, and membership by driving digital media strategies.
• Create compelling content for USABA’s individual donor program, foundation and corporate sponsor programs, and events.
• Assist in the planning, implementation, and evaluation of special events and various programs.
• Integrate USABA marketing objectives and brand strategy into public and media relations strategy and efforts to maximize exposure and increase media reach for USABA, athletes and members.
• Maintain and enforce USABA brand and logo guidelines. Ensuring all USABA content and communications support USABA’s brand, logo guidelines, and reputation.
• Create social media policy and lead stakeholder training on social media optimization.
• Contribute to marketing and creative brainstorming sessions.
• 1-2 years of social media and content creation experience, preferably with an agency.
• Website and social media accessible experience for the blind and visually impaired.
• Proficient understanding of WordPress, current and emerging social media platforms.
• Understanding of the Paralympic Movement, sports and entertainment industry.
• Experience working with social management and listening platforms.
• Basic knowledge of photo and video editing tools such as Adobe Photoshop, Lightroom, Premiere.
• Knowledge of working with mail distribution systems and fundraising software.
• Ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
• Experience in developing branded content and activation concepts.
• Understanding of media buying mechanism on social media and video sharing platforms.
• Proactive, creative and team working spirit.
• Exceptional verbal and written presentation and communication skills.
• Self-starter and able to work independently.
• Project Management.
• Holds self and others accountable.
• Strategic & critical thinking plus analytical skills and attention to detail.
Tools, Equipment & Conditions
• Standard office equipment
• Traditional & Non-traditional work hours plus weekends. Travel is expected to be about 15-20%
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (i.e., Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel)
• Competitive salary range: $45,000 – $55,000 based on experience with bonus potential. Health, dental and vision insurance, retirement plan with an employer-based match.